cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960s Stack Can't Ping or telnet

sslackjcb
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 x 2960s series 10G and 1 x 2960s POE+ series 10G in a stack connected with two 10G connections to two core switches and I’ve come in this morning to find that i can’t ping the stack at all. So i tried to console into the stack and still no joy.. but the stack is operating fine as I’m currently connected to them.

I looked on the core switches that this stack is connected to and they are showing that they are up and operational.

I haven't tried to restart the stack as i have users connected to it but if that is the only solution I’ll try it at EOP.

Any Ideas why this would just become unresponsive?

I have 7 other stacks all identically configured as this one and they are fine.

3 Replies 3

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Steve,

Sounds like there may be a memory problem (usually software related) that is affecting communications to the switch but not through the switch and that is why it is not service affecting so far. I've seen similar situations on other Cisco kit and in some cases the problem degrades to the point where the users get cut off too, so a reboot of the kit is in order. I'd research the software version and see if there is a bug relating to it as it may affect your other deployments.

Hope this is helpful

Regards,

Scott

Thanks,

I'll restart the stack later and hopefully it will fix it in the shortterm. As for the researching the bugs, do you mean on the cisco bug tool? ( that i dont have access too?)

Do you know how much it is for a individual to subscribe to this service?

Thanks

Hi Steve,

Yes, I was referring to the bug toolkit. Sorry I don't know about that, we have access as we have a maintenance agreement via a third party.

Regards,

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card