cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3745 router in rommon mode

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I have installed NM 1FE module in 3745 recently. Now my router is getting in rommon mode everytime when I reboot router. I checked config registery as well it was before 0x101 & i changed it to 0x2102 but still its going in rommon mode.

but in rommon mode when I execute boot command with image file name then it boots....I dont have any idea why its happening....it was working fine before inserting that module...

I tried removing the NM mdoule and booting router but its same....one thing I noticed when I inserted NM module first time router got crashed but when i removed NM module and reinsert it again then router did not crash but router gets in to rommon mode....

any help would be greatful..

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First, power off the router.  During the bootup process, post everything so we can determine why.

Next, to get out of ROMmon, you have two choices:

1.  How to Download a Software Image to a Cisco 2600 via TFTP Using the tftpdnld ROMMON Command

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bf9e.shtml

2.  Get a CF (<2Gb) and format it with FAT32.  Copy the IOS from your client to the CF and insert the CF into the external CF drive of the 3745.  Boot from the CF.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card