Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3925 Power cutover one by one

Jerry Jiang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

good day.

Recently I've connected two power cords of one Cisco 3925 to two power sockets on wall due to UPS issue -- downtime happened. I was thinking once the UPS got fixed and sent back is it possible to connect  one power cord back to UPS and then the other one without any downtime? or I have to shut down the router to do that?  Thank you in advance.

Jerry

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Correct, no downtime.

View solution in original post

I have even used this capability to reroute and clean up power cables to devices - but DO check that the other one you AREN'T moving is live and that both power supplies are in good shape before doing the reconnection to your UPS.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct.

I often connect one power supply to the UPS and one to a non-UPS power socket.  That way you are covered for the eventual event of the UPS failing.

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  : )

Let me clarify my question a little bit -- When I get the fixed UPS, will I experience downtime if I disconnect one power cord from non-UPS power socket and then connect it to UPS? --- During this action, only one power cord connects to power.

Correct, no downtime.

Thank you, Philip.

I have even used this capability to reroute and clean up power cables to devices - but DO check that the other one you AREN'T moving is live and that both power supplies are in good shape before doing the reconnection to your UPS.

Thanks mate, well noted.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card