Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4507 malfunction

ijlal.farooqi
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I got a Cisco 4507 for my DR site some 6 months back. But i am not satisified with its performance. First of all the fans of its power supplies operate at full speed and are too noisy (as compared to the same swithc at my Data Center). Since the last few days i have observed one more thing. If the temperature of the room goes above 25 degree, the switch starts to malfunction, like the communication with servers also fails at times.

Someone let me know what to do and how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

ijlal

3 Replies 3

Antonio Knox
Level 7
Level 7

1st, check the output of 'show environment alarms', 'show environment cooling' and 'show environment temp' to see if there are any issues temp-wise.

Hey Antonio,

One issue is that the fans of power supply (1400W) are constantly operating at full speed. Is it normal or should they work on full speed once the temperature goes up. further i am taking the screen shots for "show environment temperature" and will post them to you shortly.

ijlal

Atttached are the screen shots for "show environment temperature".

Until the room temperature was below 25 degree, the chassis temperature was also 25 degree and everything was working normal.

But once the room temperature touched 27 degree, the chassis temperature touched 36 degree and we had a communication failure. Ping would drop even when we tried to ping the switch itself.

Please help out.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card