Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 4510R+E high cpu utilization on one core

vinodk_gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have cisco 4510R+E switch with IOS-XE Software Version 03.01.01.SG RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1).

our this switch is having two core & one core is always going to about 90% to 98% cpu utilization while other core is showing normal (about 5% to 10%)

we check with-

sh process cpu----- its shows iosd is taking 50.1 %

sh platform health------ it show two process is taking too much cpu using

1. K5L3Unicast Adj Tabl ------ 43.14%

2. K5 L2 Hardware Addre ----- 56.93%

Sh process cpu sorted------ its showing iosd is taking cpu utilization 52.25%

sh platform cpu packet statistics all------- output is attached.

all out put is attached.

This switch is gateway of our LAN.

what should further we take the action to resolve this issue.

I do not understand how to diagnose further, please help us.

Regards

vinod

6 Replies 6

Beetlejuice01
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using some routing protocol on it? Debug  are all turned off?

HI Cellini,

I am team member of vinod,  no, we are not using any routing protocol and there is no debug command is turned on. we created etherchannels with HP SERVER BL670I, BL680I  HAVING load balncing methid LB_MAC and at our end channel is in ON mode . we are not able to diagnose further to resolve problem This switch is in production.

Regards,

Rajat

HI Cellini,

I am team member of vinod,  no, we are not using any routing protocol and there is no debug command is turned on. we created etherchannels with HP SERVER BL670I, BL680I  HAVING load balncing methid LB_MAC and at our end channel is in ON mode . we are not able to diagnose further to resolve problem This switch is in production.

Regards,

Rajat

Excuse me... i don't know vinod... can you post also the show process cpu histrory? The things who captured my attention was the

K5L3Unicast Adj Tabl.... and i found this article... http://henrydavila.wordpress.com/

hope this is helpfull

thanks for your response issue is found to be mac flapping between ports that's why cpu not able to learn mac

Regards,

Rajat

Happy to be helpfull...

have a nice Christmas.. and happy new year.

and don't forget to rate helpfull post for other users

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card