Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6509E and Nexus 5548UP connectivity

sridhar ch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Need advise.

I have 2 - 6509E switches with 2 SUP modules per switches acting as active and standby. Each SUP has 2 - 10G ports, one is free on both SUP's, so total free 4-10G ports overall. Both are connected back to back and acting as core switches with HSRP running between them. I have one Nexus 5548UP connected to both core switches on 1Gb port and acting as storage switch. Is it recommended to connect Nexus switch to 10G port on SUP engine for 10G connectivity between my core and Nexus? Attached the proposed diagram for your reference. FYI, i don't have 10G line card in my core swicthes.

Thanks,

Sridhar

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It should work fine as long as you sups support using all 4 10Gigs at the same type.  What type of Sups do you have? Even if there is a limitation, you can still use 1 10Gig port from each sup and put them in Portchannel.

HTH

Never mined, there is no limitations since you are using 2 10gig from each switch.Should work fine.

HTH

thanks Reza. We have SUP-2T.

Hi,

Yes, it should work fine with Sup-2T as well, as you can create a Portchannel with a 10Gig port from the active sup and a 10Gig port from the stand-by sup.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card