cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6816 use of WCCP

jt.thompson1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm tryng to find examples of the proper configuration of WCCP for the the 6816 switch and can't find anything for the life of me.  Commands that are available on the 4500, 6500 and 7201 are simply not there.  I can get it partially configured as I have on the 7201 for example, but under the ip section, where there would normally be a wccp option available, it is not there.  I am able to establish an wccp 0 redirect in and set a wccp source interface but I can't really find how I would mimic or replicate the same sort of configuration I have on a 7201.  

Essentially, I am looking to have a wccp list to point anything that is port 80 or 443, (so I use redirects 0 and 70) to a Forcepoint web inspection server.  Historically, I have done this by creating an ACL that denies anything that I want to bypass Forcepoint and anything else gets sent along to Forcepoint for inspection.  The purpose would be for things that would get slowed down by Forcepoint or for power users who wouldn't need to subjected to security policies.  I have this running fine on a 7201.  Any documentation I find on this is written for the 4500 and 6500 series and also works on my 7201, but the command syntax appears to just be somewhat different on the 6816 running the 15.2 code.  This switch was just purchased a few months ago.  Anyone have any insight on where to find documents or to provide a sample configuration?

2 Replies 2

Hi,

6816 datasheet does not state anything about WCCP. Where did you see that this device supports WCCP?

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

There are certainly wccp command sets available, that appear to more like how the ASA handles it.  If I do a "show wccp", I can certainly get a response of statistics and groups names and things like that.  I can configure multiple wccp commands, but it looks like they don't behave like they do on a 4500/6500/7201 under the ip commands, it looks like they are more globally oriented.  This was spec'd out by a Cisco salesman and pre-sales engineer over a year ago who said it would do exactly what I'm trying to accomplish.  It was also blessed by Forcepoint who is the other end of the WCCP stick and they knew and approved of what product line to buy.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card