cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 841 Performance Evaluation

support_intap
Level 1
Level 1

We are working for building a demo network for serving at least 500 nodes at a time. We are considering CISCO 841 router for setup. What are the parameters should be evaluated regarding network performance and how to check various throughput parameters for 841? I did not find exact specification for 841.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

sadebevalentine
Level 1
Level 1
we bought few cisco 2960x switches. after installation and configuration the switch worked fine. but every 3 week of the month the switch uplink will shutdown but other ports are still blinking until it is rebooted before the uplink is back
have any body experience this

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Usually the most important parameter is whether your network device has the performance capacity to deal with the bandwidth you expect to push through it. Equally important parameters are whether the device supports the hardware and software features you require. For example of hardware features, does the device support the media you intend to use; for example of software feature, will you be doing NAT or some form of tunneling. Number of nodes, generally, has little to do with selecting the hardware.

BTW, I too was unable to find the performance numbers for an 841, but I would expect them to be very low, possibly in the low Mbps range.

Your asking about the C841M?  If so, still unable to find performance numbers, but as it appears to be a recently released device and considering what it comes with, I would expect it to be able to push over 100 Mbps.  (Yes, I see it has a couple of gig ports, but I doubt it can push anywhere near a gig [otherwise it would overlap much of ISR 4K series capacity].)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card