cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9200-48P not enough space to upgrade firmware

achequer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, I've been trying to upgrade a cisco 9200 to the latest revision, however it keeps saying I do not have enough space, I managed to copy the bin file to the switch, but couldn't install.
How can I free up space to install the new image? The install remove inactive have nothing to erase.

It's only one switch.

Output when use command Install active commit:

--- Starting initial file syncing ---
FAILED: There is not enough free disk available to perform this operation on switch 1. At least 462728 KB of free disk is required
<3>%INSTALL-3-OPERATION_ERROR_MESSAGE: R0/0: install_engine: Failed to install_add_activate_commit package flash:cat9k_lite_iosxe.17.09.05.SPA.bin, Error: There is not enough free disk available to perform this operation on switch 1. At least 462728 KB of free disk is required

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It was using the 17.06.05 version. And I was updating to 17.09.05.

But I had to update it, so I used the erase /all non default. I updated the FW and had to setup the switch again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @achequer 

Look for old or unnecessary files that you can safely delete. Common files to remove include old IOS images, crashinfo files, and temporary files.

Exemple:

Switch# delete flash:crashinfo_*
Switch# delete flash:core.*

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the switch currently on?

It was using the 17.06.05 version. And I was updating to 17.09.05.

But I had to update it, so I used the erase /all non default. I updated the FW and had to setup the switch again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card