Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9300 Switch - Show interfaces status displays connected :T

a.stokoe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Having been a Cisco User for the best part of 15 years I must confess to have never seen this and I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere.

We have a Cisco 9300 (C9300-48U)  running Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.12.04. When issuing the command show interfaces status command we notice one of the ports displays as the following:

Gi3/0/33 connected: T 613 a-full a-100 10/100/1000BaseTX

Notice the connected: T - what on earth does that mean. I have never seen a port with a connected: T status. Does anyone know what it means?

Thanks in advance

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The complete error message is "Show interfaces status displays connected :TDR running". 

This means the TDR function has crashed (and cannot be re-run until the switch is rebooted).  

The port, however, is still working normally.  Any more TDR function is no longer going to work.  

This is a known bug.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The complete error message is "Show interfaces status displays connected :TDR running". 

This means the TDR function has crashed (and cannot be re-run until the switch is rebooted).  

The port, however, is still working normally.  Any more TDR function is no longer going to work.  

This is a known bug.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is there a port that is flapping (goes up and down continuously)?  
If this is so, make sure to fix that up quickly or else the switch will crash. 

IOS-XE version 16.12.4 is a very buggy version and will crash the switch if a port flaps.  Make sure to monitor each CPU (there are and memory utilization daily.

a.stokoe
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Leo!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card