cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9500-16X-E Not booting into Exec mode

pappyjjboi1
Level 1
Level 1

The switch is not still booting to the exec mode ......it hangs as in the attached image. when i press enter or no ..it doesn't go further. Pls help

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- And what happens if you answer yes ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Can't press yes or no. Just hang

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check the console settings.

I've checked it very well no headway

9600 baud
• 8 data bits
• 1 stop bit
• No parity
• None (flow control)

What happens if you use an ordinary USB to micro-USB as a console?

pappyjjboi1
Level 1
Level 1

Can't access through web as well but I could get management IP through dhcp from d switch.

- That's a bit irrelevant at this stage , you need to get the basic configuration done first , as prompted on the console. What is your console terminal/operator  equipment look like ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I used this same cable forthe other  C9200 nd it work fine

- For sanity reasons, try to use a native cisco console cable. Usually gets delivered with the device (too).

M.

pappyjjboi1
Level 1
Level 1

@marce1000...the switch later boot successfully after several tries.

Thanks everybody

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card