Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR 920 Switch Management Access

maileh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have a hrd time try to access Cisco ASR 920 on its management interface.

Not only that i am trying to configure a port for normal vlan access and it seems this switch does not support thats.

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Can you give more details on what issue you're facing to access the router?
Are you trying to access the router over ssh? Using oob interface, loopback, bdi interface or routed physical interface?

For vlan access configuration, just fyi, you need to use service-instance commands like:
E.g. this example shows interface g0/0/3 in vlan 48 in untagged mode (access mode)
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/3
no ip address
service instance 1 ethernet
encapsulation untagged
bridge-domain 48
!

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco

Now i can manage to use a routed interface apart from the oob and i can manage the switch on that. But i was really trying to make that oob interface cos that is the best option to manage it. If you can have a working config in that please share.

For VLAN access can you give a bit more info ... you are refferring to L2 MPLS VPN config here right ???? 

I was asking for normal access untagged or tagged trunk on a particular port which is assume this ASR 920 is not support cos its a L3 device ... i would really appreciate your kind elaborate on that ...

Thanks for your time though

Can you share your config with the oob interface configuration please?

For vlan, on asr920, you can't use switchport command to assign a vlan like on entreprise switch. You'll need to use service-instance as I showed before.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card