Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 8300 Time SNMP

Rem Markov
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone!
I'm quite lost, First of all I really don't understand why are the mibs in IOS are so much less in quantity then in the NXOS.
But leave that, 

Using the Cisco site to locate what mibs are located on my version of the  switch, and I find the MIB I need!
Screenshot from 2024-08-18 17-39-31.png

What is the catch? I don't have it on the switch it self.
Running `show snmp mib | inc <any of the mibs>` returns nothing and scraping it with snmp exporter also fails miserably.
I simply want to pull the time zone or the current time from the switch, Any advice how can this be done with snmp?

I found csyClockDateAndTime, but as I stated before I can't use it.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/simple-network-management-protocol-snmp/9226-mibs-9226.html#toc-hId--1601870918
                               Cisco snmp mibs for various devices are currently located on Github ; check if you can find anything more related to your device then you have found so far.

>....I found csyClockDateAndTime, but as I stated before I can't use it
   - What do you get as a result ? Also compare against the latest advisory software version for the 8300 , 
      (if applicable).( It belongs to CISCO-SYSTEMS-MIB  , if the 8300 does not support that MIB, then it can not work)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

1. I'm not sure what I can do with the github, but doing 'show snmp mib | inc <every word relating to time>', worked ok for me. I couldn't find cat8300 in the github

2. I have no way of accessing a newer version of the cat8300 currently, but nonetheless I can see using Cisco Mib Locator that my software version should Also include the CISCO-SYSTEM-MIB.

>... I have no way of accessing a newer version of the cat8300 currently,
    Ok , chances are low it is related but it is a showstopper for complete analysis of the issue,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

What is a showstopper?

- You can't go further in problem analysis,

M.

So there is nothing I can do ?

- If this is  an urgent business issue for you then you can make  a case at Cisco's TAC ,

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card