Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CBS250 SSH and Telnet Config

shorasan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my Cisco CBS250 switch. When I want to create a user and password than Im getting below message.

"sw1(config)#username abc privilege 15 secret 5 testp@ssword (also I tried different password type )
% Wrong number of parameters or invalid range, size or characters entered
sw1(config)#username abc privilege 15 testp@ssword
% Wrong number of parameters or invalid range, size or characters entered"

I want to create a account because of tellnet and ssh. I have already an user but I did not run below command. I was test it cisco 2960 switch and this command actually correct.

"sw1(config)#line vty 0 4
% Unrecognized command"

Could you please tell me what can I do for this issue?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

EdgarMurray8920
Level 1
Level 1

I configured one last year. The commands are not exactly the same as a normal cisco device. Here is an example from the CLI Guide on the syntax

username john password John1234 privilege 1

Below is the link

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/CBS_250_350/CLI/CLI_CBS_250.pdf 

Thans your for kindly support. I have one new user now. But still i did not creat a SSH and Telnet connection. 

This commands are doent work.

"sw1(config)#line vty 0 4
% Unrecognized command"

My all command proses is below.

I creat a new user. After that I run "line vty 0 4" command. This is not work. 

Do you have any idea?

- Try these commands : switchxxxxxx(config)# ip telnet server and  ip ssh server , for ssh generate new SSH server keys, use the crypto key generate dsa and crypto key generate rsa commands. 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for your answer. I tried and the result is below. 

sw1(config)#
sw1(config)#ip ssh server
sw1(config)#crypto key generate dsa
Replace Existing DSA(DSS) Key ? (Y/N)[N] Y
The SSH Server is generating a DSA key.
This may take a few minutes, depending on the key size.
sw1(config)#crypto key generate rsa
Replace Existing RSA Key ? (Y/N)[N] Y
The SSH Server is generating a RSA key.
This may take a few minutes, depending on the key size.
sw1(config)#line vty 0 4
% Unrecognized command
sw1(config)#

Is my commads are true? Also this switch is brand-new.

shorasan
Level 1
Level 1

Guys it can be source of current problem ? Should I open the ssh server? If yes how can I do ?

sw1#show ip ssh
SSH Server disabled. Port: 22
RSA key was generated.
DSA(DSS) key was generated.

SSH Public Key Authentication is disabled.
SSH Password Authentication is disabled.

Active incoming sessions:

IP address SSH username Version Cipher Auth Code

- Try this command again (in config mode)  ip ssh server and or verify if it is present in the running configuration.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

chatroomwebcam
Level 1
Level 1

The console port speed can be set to one of the following speeds: 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, and 115200 or to Auto Detection. If Auto Detection is selected, the device detects console speed automatically. When Auto Detection is not enabled, the console port speed is automatically set to the last speed that was set manually at (115,200 by default). When Auto Detection is enabled but the console baud-rate has not yet been discovered, the system uses speed 115,200 for displaying text (for example, the boot-up Chatroom information). 

After Auto Detection is enabled in the Console Settings page, it can be activated by connecting the console to the device and pressing the Enter key twice. The device detects the baud rate automatically.

EdgarMurray8920
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the command below to enable remote SSH server authentication. I think you will not find vty at all in these switches. 

ip ssh-client server authentication

Here is the link for the full syntax

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/CBS_250_350/CLI/cbs-250-cli/ssh-client-commands.html#wp3780459321 

Hi Guys I tried some commands acording to yours recommendation. And its done. Many thanks for this case.

I have one more problem. I want to run below commands for GigabitEthernet 23 and 24. port.

switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk native vlan 6

When I connect to switch to network, about 2 minutes later 23. and 24. ports show to me these line.

interface GigabitEthernet23
spanning-tree link-type point-to-point
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk native vlan 6
macro description switch
!next command is internal.
macro auto smartport dynamic_type switch
!
interface GigabitEthernet24
spanning-tree link-type point-to-point
switchport mode trunk
macro description switch
!next command is internal.
macro auto smartport dynamic_type switch
!

What is that? I did now found any docs abaout this problem.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card