Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CSS 11501 Load Balancer - Load Balancing on a sorry service

richdthomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I’m hoping to get some advice as to if what I’m trying to do is achievable or not and if so, how I go about it.

I would like configure a CSS content, that uses the sorry service principal in an advanced way.

I am familiar with the primarySorryServer command and see that the CSS would send all connections to the named service that is configured as the primarySorryServer.

What I would like to do is to configure the CSS, so that once it’s decided it’s in a “sorry” state (all the services that are configured with “add service” are down) that it load balances to a different set of services.

To explain what I’ve been trying to do in the form of configuration on the CSS, I’ve pasted some pretend config below.

Connections come into IP address 1.1.1.1, which normally get load balanced between  9.1.1.1, 9.1.1.2 and 9.1.1.3.

If 9.1.1.1, 9.1.1.2 and 9.1.1.3 are all down, the sorry service is used and the CSS starts passing traffic to 1.1.2.1, which I want it to load balance between  9.1.2.1, 9.1.2.2 and 9.1.2.3.

The order that I have applied the config, is different to the below, as I set out to configure in this order: secondary services, secondary content, sorry service, primary services, primary content.

The order of the config below is different, because I wanted it in the order that the traffic flows and the CSS won’t take the config in that order!

The wall I have ran into, is that when I try to create the service I have named “SorryService”, I get the following error:

%% Service IP Address conflicts with a local I/F, VIP, mgmt route

If anybody has any ideas about how I can tweak my config below to make it work or  other ways I can achieve what I am trying to do, I would be REALLY grateful

Many thanks in advance

Richard.

owner Owner

content Primary

vip address 1.1.1.1

<snip>

add service Primary1

add service Primary2

add service Primary3

primarySorryServer SorryService

service Primary1

ip address 9.1.1.1

<snip>

service Primary2

ip address 9.1.1.2

<snip>

service Primary3

ip address 9.1.1.2

<snip>

service SorryService

ip address 1.1.2.1

<snip>

owner Owner

content Secondary

vip address 1.1.2.1

<snip>

add service Secondary1

add service Secondary2

add service Secondary3

service Secondary1

ip address 9.1.2.1

<snip>

service Secondary2

ip address 9.1.2.2

<snip>

service Secondary3

ip address 9.1.2.2

<snip>

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card