Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR Route Leaking

fschoeniger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have an ISR-4331 with 2 VRF's . One VRF Connected to an MPLS Circuit (BGP) and one VRF to the local LAN (OSPF).

I'm trying to leak some routes from the MPLS into the OSPF VRF but I can't get this to work, not sure what I'm missing.

I've created and IP prefix-list with the IP Subnets I's like to redistribute to OSPF. Then I created a route map referencing this IP Prefix-list. 

lastly, I did

conf t

router ospf 100 vrf LAN

redistribute bgp 65000 subnets route-map redist-bgp->ospf

and I get nothing. No bgp routes are showing up . What am I missing here?

5 Replies 5

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure - 

"capability vrf-lite" under ospf vrf configuration may be. I know for sure this works if you have 2 ospf vrfs. 

Hello

OMC79 has a good point!

Is this from a PE or Ce rtr, If the latter are you ruining ospf to peer to the PE rtr?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hey Paul,

This is a CE rtr. We're using BGP to peer with the PE rtr.

OMC79, 

VRF-Lite capability is enabled on the LAN (OSPF) side.

Hello

Okay so the routes from the Pe-Ce do get proper-gated now you wish for them to be leaked into the lan ospf vrf correct?

Can you post the configuration of what you have implementated at present

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card