Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NX-OS System

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NX-OS System of appliances.

I am looking for type of log events that are getting generated by CISCO Nexus 7000 switches.

Can someone help me with some documents which give me this references & some documents which have a log line explained.

Please help me.

3 Replies 3

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. Mondal,

Thank you for posting, unfortunately the Cisco Support community is dedicate to Small business products only and also we do not support CLI.

And the Nexus 7000, is not considered as an Small business device.

In order to get an accurate and quick answer I recommend you to contact our Cisco support center and open a case.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Thank you.

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bidyut.

If you are familiar with Cisco ISR or Catalyst families - logs has pretty much the same format.

For example:

2012 Dec 21 16:44:02 switch %PLATFORM-2-PS_FANOK: Fan in Power supply 2 ok

Here you see:

1. date

2. time

3. hostname

4. class of message (service)

5. message itself

so in out example mesage you see that on Dec 21, at 16:44 system check  "

PLATFORM-2-PS_FANOK" executed on "switch" ended with result - "Fan in Power supply 2 ok"

HTH,

Alex

You can configure Cisco NX-OS devices using the command-line interface (CLI) or the XML management interface over Secure Shell (SSH) as follows:

CLI from an SSH session, a Telnet session, or the console port—You can configure devices using the CLI from an SSH session, a Telnet session, or the console port. SSH provides a secure connection to the device. For more information, see the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NX-OS Fundamentals Configuration Guide, Release 5.x.
XML management interface over SSH—You can configure devices using the XML management interface, which is a programmatic method based on the NETCONF protocol that complements the CLI functionality. For more information, see the Cisco NX-OS XML Interface User Guide.
You can configure Cisco NX-OS devices using the Cisco DCNM client or from your own GUI as follows:

Cisco DCNM Client—You can configure devices using the Cisco DCNM client, which runs on your local PC and uses web services on the Cisco DCNM server. The Cisco DCNM server configures the device over the XML management interface. For more information about the Cisco DCNM client, see the Fundamentals Configuration Guide, Cisco DCNM for LAN, Release 5.x .
Custom GUI—You can create your own GUI to configure devices using the Cisco DCNM web services application program interface (API) on the Cisco DCNM server. You use the SOAP protocol to exchange XML-based configuration messages with the Cisco DCNM server. The Cisco DCNM server configures the device over the XML management interface. For more information about creating custom GUIs, see the Web Services API Guide, Cisco DCNM for LAN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco