Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG500 combo port Copper activation

Hello to all,

I have problem with not seeing GE1/1/49 and GE1/1/50 ports on Cisco SG 500. I can see GE1/1/51 and 52 which are Fiber ports, but I need 49 and 50 to be operative for Copper use.

I Can configure port 1/1/49 and 50 through CLI, but they don't provide traffic - I would like to connect another Switch to port 1/1/49 via Trunk port.

Thank you for any suggestion.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

I believe you need to put the switch into 'Standalone Mode' to enable the Copper ports as the default is to use the Fibre ports to stacking. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

I believe you need to put the switch into 'Standalone Mode' to enable the Copper ports as the default is to use the Fibre ports to stacking. 

Thank you, I Indeed saw this option and I Will try change that setting. I Will post the answer as soon as I get through. 

I have puted switch into stand alone mode and indeed i could saw gig49 and gig50 ports, since this is a production switch i had a problem because switch has lost it's running config (including IP, port configuration etc). So on my experience be verry carefull when changing stacking mode.

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco