Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Stack Configuration.

vinish milton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently bought  four qty of WS-C2960X-48LPS-L  also bought four Catalyst 2960-X FlexStack Plus Stacking Module, four Cisco FlexStack 50cm stacking cable and one Cisco FlexStack 3m stacking cable.I would like to create 2vlans with stack. Can any one help me how to configure it.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To see FlexStack operation and member status, use the Cisco IOS Software CLI command “show switch.” This command gives the basic information, including number of members, which member is the master, and state of all members. The following is a sample output of the command for a stack of 2960-S members:

C2960S-48# show switch
Switch/Stack Mac Address : 0022.bdc4.1d80
H/W Current
Switch# Role Mac Address Priority Version State
----------------------------------------------------------
*1 Master 0022.bdc4.1d80 14 1 Ready
2 Member 0022.bdc4.2300 1 1 Ready
3 Member ec30.912e.2380 1 1 Ready
4 Member 0026.0ac1.3e00 1 1 Ready

The preceding example shows that member 1 is the master. The master has stack priority of 14. All other members have the default stack priority of 1. The state of all members is ready.

>>> For changing the Priority use below command

C2960-48(config)#switch 1 priority 14

You can also check below URL in more detail, hope you are looking this

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/white_paper_c11-728327.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

You need help setting up the stack or setting of the VLANs or both?

Have you looked at the user guide for your IOS version?

Hi,

I need to help setting up vlan and stack, i have looked cisco guide but it not helpful, can you please help me for this..

To create the vlan do something like:

conf t
vlan 10
name Production
exit

int g1/0/1
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 10

Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks for your reply.

can you let me know the Stack configuration.

To see FlexStack operation and member status, use the Cisco IOS Software CLI command “show switch.” This command gives the basic information, including number of members, which member is the master, and state of all members. The following is a sample output of the command for a stack of 2960-S members:

C2960S-48# show switch
Switch/Stack Mac Address : 0022.bdc4.1d80
H/W Current
Switch# Role Mac Address Priority Version State
----------------------------------------------------------
*1 Master 0022.bdc4.1d80 14 1 Ready
2 Member 0022.bdc4.2300 1 1 Ready
3 Member ec30.912e.2380 1 1 Ready
4 Member 0026.0ac1.3e00 1 1 Ready

The preceding example shows that member 1 is the master. The master has stack priority of 14. All other members have the default stack priority of 1. The state of all members is ready.

>>> For changing the Priority use below command

C2960-48(config)#switch 1 priority 14

You can also check below URL in more detail, hope you are looking this

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/white_paper_c11-728327.html

Thanks for your support,

I will be doing the implementation and let you know in case i get stuck .

prajithtr_2
Level 1
Level 1

After making the stack ,are you not able to create vlan as we create vlans in normal standalone switch?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card