cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco switch ie 2000

John1982
Level 1
Level 1

does anyone know what sfp module to use with the ie 2000 switch? i have tried Proline GLC-SX-MMD-CDW and Cisco GLC-SX-MMD= and they both dont seem to get me any connectivity. gbic-invalid is enabled as well. 

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't personally use these switches but heres whats reported to work and the minimum software required , i dont see cdw listed but the MMD should have worked

is anything appear in logs relating to the sfp or interface when you connect it ?

Cisco IE2000 series

Network Device

Transceiver Module

Minimum Software Release Required

DOM Support

Cisco IOS Release

IE-2000-4TS-G-L
IE-2000-4TS-G-B
IE-2000-4S-TS-G-L
IE-2000-4S-TS-G-B
IE-2000-8TC-G-L
IE-2000-8TC-G-B
IE-2000-8TC-G-E
IE-2000-8TC-G-N
IE-2000-16TC-G-L
IE-2000-16TC-G-E
IE-2000-16TC-G-X
IE-2000-16TC-G-N
IE-2000-16PTC-G-L
IE-2000-16PTC-G-E
IE-2000-16PTC-G-NX

GLC-SX-MM-RGD
GLC-LX-SM-RGD
GLC-ZX-SM-RGD
SFP-GE-S*
SFP-GE-L*
SFP-GE-Z*
GLC-ZX-SM*
GLC-SX-MMD*
GLC-LH-SMD*
GLC-EX-SMD*
GLC-ZX-SMD*
GLC-BX-D*
GLC-BX-U*
CWDM-SFP-xxxx*
DWDM-SFP-xxxx*

15.0(1)EY

15.0(1)EY

GLC-SX-MM*
GLC-LH-SM*

15.0(1)EY

GLC-T*
GLC-TE*

15.2(1)EY

GLC-BX40-U-I
GLC-BX40-D-I
GLC-BX40-DA-I
GLC-BX80-U-I
GLC-BX80-D-I

15.2(3)EA

15.2(3)EA

do you happen to know anyone that has used these switches before?

No but there still catalyst switches and its a layer 1 issue so it can only be a number of things , the sfp is not liked either the version itself as there is specific batches I have seen certain versions not working on some of my switches before and I have changed the sfp same model type just diff version and it worked  , the cables faulty or try crossing the fibres if going through a patch panel that's can be an issue too , do you have any other sfps like GLC-Ts where you could test a laptop connected to it see if port comes up that will rule out the switch port

configuration at this point shouldn't matter as layer 1 you should still get a link light when connected up to a powered on device

we had a third party sfp but that was just giving the errdisable message and we couldnt clear it so we bought a cisco sfp because thats what all cisco documents said. check the fibers/crossed them. i dont have any other sfps to test as of right now. im at a loss and to get any help from cisoc you need to buy a serivce contract, just more money
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card