Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch IE4010 sys LED red issue

Ismailkhan1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please advise how to rectify the sys LED issue on the cisco switch IE-4010-16S12P. I am able to console into the switch and perform the configurations. But the sys LED is always red. SW version is 15.2(7) E2.

Please let me know if you need for information. 

As per the manual the Red sys LED means the system is receiving power but is not functioning properly.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have the console connected and issue a cold boot (from power-on), look for any errors , such as self-test errors (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for the response. 

Actually, the switch has redundant power supplies. We connected DC supply only to PWR-RGD-LOW-DC-H (PSU2) and now we connected the AC supply to PWR-RGD-AC-DC-H (PSU1) as well. The Sys LED turns green. 

But this is another problem for us because we can only provide one supply as DC 24V to PWR-RGD-LOW-DC-H (PSU2). 

Is there any way we can disable the AC supply option permanently and the switch should not look for redundant supply and should not generate any alarms keeping sys LED green all the time.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card