Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switching

nidhin.chandran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have Cisco 4507 switch with 8 supervisor module. i am performing  show licence summary command getting below output.

Index 0   Feature: entservices
          Period left: 8 weeks 4 days
          License Type: Evaluation
          License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA not accepted
          License Count: Non-Counted

My question:

1. whether i need to install new license after 8 weeks and 4 days.

2. License type is showing evaluation, whether i will get permanent license on this.

3.Currently i am running ospf with this license. whether ospf will work on permanent license.

Best Regards,

Nidhin Chandran

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes thats evaluation you need to put your license in thats just a demo that last 60 days

Your ospf will most likely stop working after the time runs out as you need a proper license

ospf will work on permanent license but it will need to be entservices not lanbase or ipbase

Evaluation License

Your router comes with the evaluation license, also known as a temporary license, for most packages and features supported on your router. If you want to try a new software package or feature, activate the evaluation license for that package or feature.

I'm in a similar dilemma as well. Our 4507 was in Enterprise Eval license mode and during a power-cycle reverted to IPBase. I have reached out to Cisco and got the valid permanent license key for Enterprise. My question is what is the easiest step by step way to load and activate the new license? I have (2) Supv-8E one active and one standby.

Thanks for the info Mark, I'll give it a shot.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card