Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Terminal Configuration is blank or empty

benjinz
Level 1
Level 1

I require immediate assistance.

When I opened my console terminal to configure PCs in my packet tracer, it was completely blank, with nothing but a black screen.

I'm not sure why this happened; as far as I recall, it was fine the last time I opened it.

I'm not sure what to do about it! Need advise!

6 Replies 6

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,
You are in terminal configuration window
In order for the screen not to be blank you need to connect a console cable from the PC to the router/switch.

If you want to check connectivity like ping for example you need to access the command prompt screen on PC.

Thanks!

eagbodzah777
Level 1
Level 1

I think you should check the  operating system version ( Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 ) and download the appropriate Cisco Packet tracer version. My computer have two O/S installed Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10. When I first downloaded Cisco Packet Tracer ver 8.2.0 and installed in the Windows 10 cisco packet tracer functioned normally. But when I installed the Cisco Packet Tracer ver 8.2.0 in the Windows 7 Pro environment when I opened PC0 network icon it opens  blank. I later found and downloaded Cisco Packet Tracer ver 7.3.0 and installed in the Windows 7 Pro environment and it worked perfectly

eagbodzah777_0-1676590152170.png

chads
Level 1
Level 1

I installed the 32bit version instead of 64bit and that worked for me on Windows 10.  The 64bit version had the blank terminal Window issue.

Andres Casas
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, very helpful and the image was the best my problem is fixed!

A00E
Level 1
Level 1

I have connected the console cable to the Fast Ethernet port on PC-A and the Gigabit Ethernet port on the switch. However, the terminal remains blank. I have verified that I am using the appropriate version of Cisco Packet Tracer for Windows 10, which is Cisco Packet Tracer 8.1, and this matches the version on my system. I am unable to determine why the terminal is not displaying any output. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card