cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco2811 Client-server version mismatch

HenryDuan
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a critical trap on my syslog server and these are the traps. The system of the

router maybe "Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(24)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)"(this is the other one,I got two devices). But the router is still working , the worst thing is that I can't login in the router by telnet or ssh. Somebody help me,how can I stop the trap ?
TIM截图20180706140739.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@HenryDuan wrote:

12.4(24)T4 

You'll need to upgrade the router.  This is a memory leak and may have caused by the router having a long uptime.   The router will definitely require a reboot. 

NOTE:  Avoid, unless directed by TAC, using "T" train IOS (which is currently what the router is using).  For stability purposes use the "M" train.  

If configured correctly, the router can be remotely rebooted via SNMP.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@HenryDuan wrote:

12.4(24)T4 

You'll need to upgrade the router.  This is a memory leak and may have caused by the router having a long uptime.   The router will definitely require a reboot. 

NOTE:  Avoid, unless directed by TAC, using "T" train IOS (which is currently what the router is using).  For stability purposes use the "M" train.  

If configured correctly, the router can be remotely rebooted via SNMP.

That's maybe a good way, but I can't do any upgrade without the permission from my boss.

Do we have another way to resolve this problem?

@HenryDuan wrote:

Do we have another way to resolve this problem?

There is a memory leak.  

Leaving the router alone is not a solution because the performance of the router will degrade over time.

OK,thank you very much ,I will let my boss know.
By the way , you rock.

Oh, there is another situation: the router is still work ,even work good. Besides the traps,every function is good. How can this happen?

@HenryDuan wrote:
the router is still work ,even work good. Besides the traps,every function is good.

Like I said, the performance of the router will degrade over time.  

Think about it, though.  When this happens, things being performed by the router will start getting weirder and weirder.  However, it will take 7 minutes (tops!) to reboot a router.  

Which of the two options sounds better?  7 minutes of outage (outside business hours) or days or months of agony (and regret for the hesitation, reluctance or indecision).

OK,you are right.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card