collision domain switch C4507R+E doesn't work

Jose Salazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys

I have a cisco 

C4507R+E 

ISO 3.05.03.E

which is used like core switch. I connected two servers into it but when I run the trace (wireshark) in one server, I can the traffic between the second a server and a third device (host). I don't have port mirror configured.

It is like the switch is acting as hub and the domain collision is not respected .

Do you know if there is some issue for that IOS or something about that model of switch related to this error?

I will appreciate any help

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If the switch is configured with one vlan and all devices are in the vlan then the behavior is correct. unless I am not understanding your question.

HTH

Hello

No it is not. Several vlans. They configured vlan 4 for these two servers and the third host is configured in a different switch. The server are connected to this switch as core.

Any idea? any possible bug with that IOS? 

Host is on a different switch?

You many be looking at a case of unicast flooding, then.

See https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6000-series-switches/23563-143.html?dtid=osscdc000283

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Is the traffic between the 2nd server and host unicast traffic?

Does the switch have the 2nd server's and host's MACs in its MAC tables assigned to the correct ports?

If the above is true, you shouldn't see the traffic on another port. If you do see such traffic, then you may have found a bug.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card