Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration for allow local (LAN) access when using VPN

vefa ka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco AnyConnect. I want to allow local access but firstly I need to configure it. As I understand from the below link, I must download Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for ASA.  I am a university student and I am just able to download Cisco AnyConnect. That's why I cannot download configure it. Is there any other way to configure it or download Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for ASA?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/70847-local-lan-pix-asa.html

Best regards.

Vefa

4 Replies 4

Hello,

do you have full admin access to the ASA ? You don't need ASDM (it is just a GUI), you can configure everything from the ASA command line...

Hi Georg,

Actually, I am quite new in Cisco so I don't know which ASA should I download. When I tried download "ASA 5512-X IPS Security Services Processor" I got service contract required error as shown in the attachment. Do I do somewhere a mistake?

Thanks

Vefa

Hello,

just to recap: you have bought an ASA 5512-X, you have the physical box in front of you, and now you need to download additional software ? Without a service contract, you cannot download anything. Do you have access to the ASA at all ?

Hello,

I should explain the problem better. I connect the university VPN by using Cisco AnyConnect. I have not bought anything. Right now I have an FPGA that is connected to my computer by ethernet connection. But I cannot see the FPGA connection because I use Cisco AnyConnect. I need to configure it for Local access. Except Cisco AnyConnect, I don't have any software or hardware.

I think I don't have access to ASA. You can find more information about my VPN access in below link:

https://www.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de/netz/netzzugang_internet/netz_datennetz_internet_vpn_1/netz_vpn_downloads_1/index.en.jsp

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card