Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys I have core switch 4506-e with show ver   Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-IPBASE-M), Versio n 12.2(40)SG, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport Copyright (c) 1986-2007 by Cis...

Hello Cisco Users I have a problem with scheduling a tftp backup job with kron.I confiured one of our C2960X with IOS 15.2(2)E3 switches like this: kron policy-list ConfigBackupcli copy running-config tftp://servername/switchbackup.cfgkron occurrence...

HunkIT by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello experts,I have 4x 7010 R5.2.1 (earmarked for upgrades to R6.2.x), each with a single Supervisor 1, 3 (plus default) VDCs (with one configured for OTV); with a pair in each OTV site. The CMP in one is faulty (but CP is fine) and RMA Supervisor r...

AlexFer by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Im having some trouble with switching and BVIs. Im trying to setup an AP with local switching so i need a trunk port. This is my network setup. When I plug the AP directly into the switch below the router all the vlans work however when I have it...

VLAN HELL.png

Hi,  Is there any documents that states methods of load balancing works or not depending on type of operation?  like src-ip will not work on L2 etherchannel since it will be based on frames not packets or l3 addresses?   Thanks,

Roel Reyes by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have 2 x c9300-48U switches running 16.6.4a, data and power stacked in a corporate office. I have a 100MB carrier link on Gi1/0/48 back to our DC. I'm running OSPF for routing across this interface to our DC. There are no known performance issu...

Hi i'm new to networking and have a problem, It seems that I'm unable to ping another host on a different VLAN on the other side of the router, SITE A vlan returns rto while pinging SITE B vlan, while B returns with destination host unreachable, but ...

download.png
Tees8353 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I have this switch having an issue showing "out of compliance" message. Seems there is not enough license purchased to activate it.I am working with Cisco on this at the moment, however, is there any impact or time limit before this must be s...

Jagan1976 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi Cisco Experts:I have 6 vlans split evenly across (2x) Layer 3 3560 switches.  I'm hosting DHCP on the switches, and I have HSRP failover to the other switch.  If HSRP fails over, I'd like the failover switch to take over all DHCP requests.  To acc...

I'm trying to find out the escape sequence that's analogous to IOS with wich you can jump from a VTY session back to its originating router (ctrl+shift+6 x). This doesn't work in NX-OS; is there a different shortcut for it?ThanksToni