cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring cisco catalyst 9130ax-B with cisco IE 4000 switch

geng12711666
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to network installation and configuring so might not have the question stated very precisely.

I have a Catalyst 9130AXI-B ap and would like to connect to a cisco IE4000 switch to enable our lab network(without internet connection) WLAN capability. Is it possible to configure the ap to this network without the any layer 3 devices in the lab network(all the ip on this network is static)?

If yes, how to configure the ap?(I'm able to access the controller of ap through console port) Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Hi

It is possible. But, you need to have some idea on what  you want to test. The IE4000  switch have rouinting capability and you can create DHCP service on it or on the WLC. 

Try to access the WLC using a web browser. It will be a lot easier for you to configure.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Currently we have all the device connecting to the switch a fixed ip, do you mean we can still configure the DHCP for ap and connect to the switch? Doesn't it still require a fixed ip for the ap?

And the purpose of the deployment is to enable the inner network wireless capability for generating traffic and transferring device command in the testbed we have. Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card