cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring RSPAN on switch disconnects Access Points

legacynetwork
Level 1
Level 1

I have connected inventory analyzer on core switch to listen to RSPAN traffic. Core has 2 switches in Stack and serves connection to multiple access switches which are also into stack. Configured unique VLAN 10 which is unique as destination RSPAN VLAN on core and passed it to all access switches as uplink ports are in trunk mode. On each access stack, I have applied RSPAN to source all VLANs except remote RSPAN VLAN (VLAN 10) and configured same destination RSPAN VLAN (VLAN 10) on Core switch. So far Analyzer is listening to all mirrored traffic. However there is one stack of c2960x(OS - 15.2(6r)E) switches where 3 AP of AIR-AP1562I-E-K9 (OS-17.9.4.27) are connected. Moment I start monitor session on that stack, those 3 AP goes down, nothing else but just that specific SKU. No other logs or Spanning Tree disturbance observed but just port goes down of those access points. Once I disable the monitoring session, those AP come online. AP are in flex mode with user VLAN made native on Port and that user VLAN is one of the source VLAN I am capturing under monitoring session. Any idea what might be going wrong ? Any direction in troubleshooting would be of great help.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card