cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting C3650 to internet connection

ljustl
Level 1
Level 1

I have a wireless lab that i have currently working on.

I would like to connect my C3650 switches to my Verizon Fios service.

Can you please help with commands?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hello

Do you wish to have guest and data users internet access?

If so then you need to perform some Network Translation and a device that can do it, as those switch dont.support it.

What is you end goal in this?

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi

I agree with Paul, The most of the switches dont support NAT, you need a router o firewall to provide Internet access to your users. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/network-address-translation-nat/29283-166.html

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

so i need to use NAT to connect my lab to internet (verizon fios) network?

Hi,

Yes you need a NAT running on a router or firewall. Other option is unless you have available public addresses to be configured on the devices but I don't recommend that for security reasons.

Now, if your Verizon device is providing you DHCP and the IP addresses obtained through it already have access to Internet, you could assign IP addresses to your devices. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

my goal is that to make sure those two APs have internet connection, therefore they can be primed. (they are universal APs) they broadcast and works everything fine, except connection to internet.

That is what i'm trying to do.

So 3650 doesn't support it? does it mean i need to connect to one or the router and connect to switch?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card