cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Control Plane Security Configuration

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

Hey guys, I was looking for some advice about configuring the control plane to mitigate DoS attacks. I understand you can use

MQC and apply it inbound and or outbound to the control plane, I just couldn't find any examples of configuring it to prevent and

mitigate DoS attacks. Or some recommended practices for this sort of thing. Like the recomended setting for policing TCP etc.

I know this depends on someone's specific setup, but was just looking for a pointer or two.

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

JohnTylerPearce wrote:

Hey guys, I was looking for some advice about configuring the control plane to mitigate DoS attacks. I understand you can use

MQC and apply it inbound and or outbound to the control plane, I just couldn't find any examples of configuring it to prevent and

mitigate DoS attacks. Or some recommended practices for this sort of thing. Like the recomended setting for policing TCP etc.

I know this depends on someone's specific setup, but was just looking for a pointer or two.

Hello ,

Check out the below link which basically talks about control plane security ....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/sec_control_plane/configuration/guide/sec_control_plane_overview.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganeshh Iyer

Rate if it Helps...

Thanks for the help guys.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card