cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default IOS shipped with Cisco 3560G 24Port switch

SP2
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering what IOS is loaded on Cisco WS-3560G-24PS-S by default when purchased. Does anyone know or can point to a link where I can find this ? The reason I asked is- while preparing config for this switch I want to make sure the commands are going to work...specially for STP. Few examples below:

spanning-tree portfast bpduguard default

spanning-tree loopguard default

errdisable recovery commands etc

Thanks in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It's quite strange. You can see here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_37_se/configuration/guide/swstpopt.html#wp1031964

that all these commands are available in your switch except may be spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission.

And I'm really sure that they are available everywhere. At least in madern IOSes.

View solution in original post

It is impossible for us to know what version a 3560G is shipped with.

The delivery version is different depending on what time the 3560 is built.

it is the standard IOS version that is recomended at the date the switch is built.

ie

a 3560 built 2009-01 have one ios version

a 3560 built 2011-01 have another ios version

What version the switch is delivered with is marked on a sticker somewhere (normally near or on the back of the switch)

however just because the switch is marked with a label of a version of IOS does not tell you that that is the version that is installed.it just tells you the version that was loaded from factory.

If someone have upgraded or downgraded it there is no other way of knowing than connecting to the switch and doing a sh ver.

the sticker on the 2960 that is infront of me states (so you know what to look for)

IOS VER:12.2(50)SE5

Good luck

HTH

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Sergey Fer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sure that these commands will work in any IOS. There is no default IOS - you need explicitly ask your partner/distributor about neccessary IOS version or IOS functionality. Cat3560G without additional functions comes with basic IOS (0 USD), but you may change version and Feature Set as you like.

Thanks Sergey but switch 3560G didn't take the below commands and its running IOS 12.2(37) SE ADVIPSERVICESK9-M. All it says unrecognized command. Not sure what is the cause- IOS or ? Please help!!!

spanning-tree loopguard default

spanning-tree portfast bpduguard default

no spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission

spanning-tree extend system-id

and finally all errdisable recovery commands.

It's quite strange. You can see here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_37_se/configuration/guide/swstpopt.html#wp1031964

that all these commands are available in your switch except may be spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission.

And I'm really sure that they are available everywhere. At least in madern IOSes.

Yes you are right, it might be bug in my simulator... BTW my original question still stands. What IOS version is shipped with Cisco 3560s, I know its IPBASE but what version ?

It is impossible for us to know what version a 3560G is shipped with.

The delivery version is different depending on what time the 3560 is built.

it is the standard IOS version that is recomended at the date the switch is built.

ie

a 3560 built 2009-01 have one ios version

a 3560 built 2011-01 have another ios version

What version the switch is delivered with is marked on a sticker somewhere (normally near or on the back of the switch)

however just because the switch is marked with a label of a version of IOS does not tell you that that is the version that is installed.it just tells you the version that was loaded from factory.

If someone have upgraded or downgraded it there is no other way of knowing than connecting to the switch and doing a sh ver.

the sticker on the 2960 that is infront of me states (so you know what to look for)

IOS VER:12.2(50)SE5

Good luck

HTH

Thanks Hobbe- I expected this to be like that, so thanks for confirming!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the back of the appliance. Near or around the serial number will be a sticker specifying what IOS is loaded.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks leolaohoo- I have sent the info to onsite person who has access to the switch. Lets see if he is able to find out what version is on there. I know it is IPBASE since we didn't order anything extra.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card