cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Desirable-Sl?

sigshaneer
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning all. I am studying Cisco networking via uCertify with my university, and I am at the EtherChannel lesson.

In the image below, the EC status is given as Desirable-Sl.

EC.png

Can anyone explain to me what the -Sl portion of this string represents?

Thanks in advance,

Shane

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- SI stands for "stateful" or "static" interoperability. It is a feature of Cisco's EtherChannel technology that allows for the negotiation of EtherChannel link aggregation between devices running different versions of the protocol. The "Desirable-SI" state in the output of the "show etherchannel" command indicates that the local device is actively trying to form an EtherChannel bundle with a remote device and is willing to use stateful interoperability to do so.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

sigshaneer
Level 1
Level 1

I appreciate your response. However, I am still not satisfied, as 1) someone else very confidently informed me that this indicates PAgP [silent | non-silent] mode, and 2) I have yet to find a way to alter the Etherchannel settings in a lab environment to make that EC status change to something else (at least in Packet Tracer).

I see the below output from somewhere on the Interwebs, but I cannot replicate it:EC-non.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card