Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP of VLAN / WLC / AP

tutoy83
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I tried many things to solve my problem : the AP0 gets a IP from the admin network 192.168.200.... and not from the "Etudiants" VLAN 20 as it should. I think the problem is on the WLC. Here is my file:

I need your help

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

The problem I see is that you should not have an IP address configured on the interface GigabitEthernet0  of Box#. when I removed the IP address of this interface and put the interface of the Access Point on vlan 20, then it got ip from 172.16.0.0.

This fixed the DHCP problem but I dont know about anything else you were testing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

The problem I see is that you should not have an IP address configured on the interface GigabitEthernet0  of Box#. when I removed the IP address of this interface and put the interface of the Access Point on vlan 20, then it got ip from 172.16.0.0.

This fixed the DHCP problem but I dont know about anything else you were testing.

Hello Flavio, 

Thank you for your help. however, if I would like to have both : the VLANs AND 192.168.200.1 on the Box G0 interface, is it possible ? 

@Flavio Miranda wrote:

put the interface of the Access Point on vlan 20, then it got ip from 172.16.0.0

Yes but an AP can have multiple multiple WLAN with different VLAN, if I do that, I'll be blocked with only VLAN 20. No? And how did you change it exactly?Because when I click on the AP, I can't change the intf adress.

Could you send me a copy of what you did please ? So I can check before editing my version 

Hello @Georg Pauwen , 

Do you have an idea how to solve the problem?

Sincerely,

Create a GigabitEthernet0.4 sub interface, put 192.168.200.1 . Basically, do the same you did to others vlans.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card