cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP problem

SeunghoKim4333
Level 1
Level 1

sh ip dhcp pool command, leased numbers is huge.
I can not understand below. Look at the leased number in the picture below. It's a very large number.

We have a problem with dhcp, so I checked it and it looks like the following. What's wrong with this?

Please help me....

dhcp pool status.jpg

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We do not have enough information about this environment to give you good advice. What problem are you experiencing? The number of leased addresses, by itself, would not seem to be a problem. So what is going on that made you look at the dhcp pool information?

The prompt suggests that this might be a 3750. Is that correct? What version of code is it running? How is it configured? (a complete current running config would be helpful - if you do not want to post the complete config then at least all of the dhcp config and all svi config). How long has this device been running (output of show version would be the easy way to get that)?

HTH

Rick

Hello
Seems to suggest this is down to a feature called dhcp conflict logging, the rtr will ping its intended ip allocation to be sure isn't already active, if it receives a response it will not allocate that ip address however it will log this ip address as not the be used/allocated so will become unavailable

sh ip dhcp conflicts

if you cleared this dhcp conflict log buffer then i would say your available dhcp allocation will be refreshed.
clear ip dhcp conflicts

Most recent software can refresh this automatically 

ip dhcp conflict resolution 

Other ways, would to decrease you dhcp scope lease times/manually clear the logged conflicts or even apply a eem script to clear it daily.

no ip dhcp conflict logging 

or

event manager applet dhcp-conflict
event timer cron cron-entry "23 59 * * *"
action 1.1 cli command "enable"
action 1.2 cli command "clear ip dhcp conflict *"
action 1.3 syslog msg "DHCP conflict records cleared"

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card