Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCPv6 Stateful Configuration

Dear All,

I am setting up a DHCPv6 Stateful server on my R1-NY. First I created stateless DHCPv6 pool, but my stateful DHCPv6 pool seems to not working. I did put the DHCPv6 pool to the right interface, so the three PCs in my VLAN30 Sales should able to receive the IPv6 address, unless if I miss something.

Could someone help me on this? The next step is actually setup my NY-DHCP/DNS Server as a Stateful DHCPv6 server (but, I may need help on that too because I don't know how to setup it without using a command like I would do in a cisco router's IOS).

Please see the attachment for reference and open it in a Packet Tracer (latest version). Also to note that I had setup username and password for my router. For R1-NY, username is admin1 and password is ciscorouter1.

1 Reply 1

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like the stateful DHCPv6 is not yet supported by Packet Tracer. It does not look like it is properly implemented. I see that the workstation request a DHCPv6 prefix delegation (PD), instead of simply requesting for an IPv6 address.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México