Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello everyone,Although the configuration of private VLANs is straight forward based on the documentation, but i'm not ablw to make it work using the below configuration on Cisco NX 9000 in GNS3 Lab; configure terminalvlan 2private-vlan primaryexitvl...

Hi again, I thought tie breakers in STP were MAC address and bridge priority but in the following question, the correct answer are A and C. Question: When electing a root port for a nonroot switch, which values are used to break ties if required? A. ...

i All,I was configuring a set up in packet tracer similar to router on a stick. Only difference is that we got a Cisco ASA firewall in between router and the switch as below: The port from switch to firewall has been made trunk from the switch end. I...

Firewall.PNG
sarath92 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have using cisco 3560x.Site TA : 3560xSite KA : 3560xI'm using vlan routing for communication between site TA and site KA.and I have 2 provider metro-e, ISP T and ISP B.How to make if ISP T is fail, ISP B is running automatically?now if ISP T fail,...

1.JPG

Resolved! Native VLAN

Hello Experts, What is the use of the Native VLAN? I know that the frames are sent untagged between the trunk ports.  Why there require to send the packets in untagged format? Is there any reasons? Regards,Sathishkumar.

Hi, 1)For GLBP , it is active-active R1 and R2 where Traffic will be send to R1 & R2 round-robin via the glbp IP unlike VRRP, right?2)Therefore does traffic only send to higher priority "active GLBP"?3)Wht is the default GLBP priority?  Btw wht is th...

getaway51 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are in the process of implementing DHCP snooping. Clients are unable to obtain ip-address. We have only configured DHCP snooping on the Access-switches. Our configuration is this; #ip dhcp snooping vlan 1-4094 #ip dhcp snooping#ip dhcp snooping in...

bvj197222 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

After I create a VLAN  i can no longer access the GUI.port 1 - trunk connected to routerport 2 - access, PCThe switch is connected to an Edgerouter.I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm new to VLANs and can't figure it out.

Rduhb by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all, we have a huge network, which contains only Cisco equipment (2 core switches / 3850-48 and 40 cisco 2960 / 3750 distribution switches, 2x 5550 ASA and over 120 Vlans ).Main link is 1Gb up/down.We have the following issue: Some of our client...

madona33 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All ,n7k1 ---VPC --- n7k2 ..both have 6.2(2a) image ..if I reload n7k1 with the new image is 6.2(20) and once n7k1 comes online, will three be any breakage of VPN peer-link due to mismatch of OS versions of n7k1 and n7k2? After 20 minutes ,reload ...