cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does having Network Advantage mean we have base hardware support?

Tim Butterworth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've taken on the role of looking after our C9500 and I'm trying to figure out what level of hardware support (if any) we have through our existing Cisco switch licensing.

We have: C9500 Network Advantage and C9500 24Y4C DNA Advantage.

Does having a licence for Network Advantage mean we also have the Base level hardware support? I looked at this:

Enterprise Networks Software Subscription Matrix for Switching - Cisco

And it says:

"Included with Cisco Catalyst software subscription (DNX)"

But I'm not clear if that means we have it or not.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello, 

Cisco does make this licensing thing very confusing. The DNX looks like it is a subscription license with a 3, 5 or 7 year term and probably requires Smart Licensing to take effect. The licenses you have look like they fall under the Network and DNA Advantage columns where the hardware support is optional meaning it requires a separate service contract. That's my take anyway.

Suggest reaching out to your Cisco rep and if you don't have one then a reseller as you'll need to go through one anyway to get the support. 

Hope this helps.

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Tim Butterworth ,

the DNA Advantage license enables more features on your device compared with DNA Essentials.

The support for hardware replacement, software upgrades and opening TAC cases for various problems with your device is purchased separately.

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Tim Butterworth wrote:
Does having a licence for Network Advantage mean we also have the Base level hardware support?

No.

Hardware support and features included in Network Advantage license are two very different things.  

All Catalyst 9k switches (and associated network modules), including 9500/9500X, have Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty included in the price.  

All Catalyst 9k switches operators can download software (minor or major releases) for free -- No support contract is required to obtain these software updates.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card