Replies

%DUAL-SW1-5-NBRCHANGE: EIGRP

waqas.arshad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I got the following logs 

%LINK-SW1-3-UPDOWN: Interface Vlan29, changed state to down
Nov 24 14:58:07.422 EST: %LINK-SW1-3-UPDOWN: Interface TenGigabitEthernet2/1/9, changed state to down
Nov 24 14:58:07.422 EST: %DUAL-SW1-5-NBRCHANGE: EIGRP-IPv4 1: Neighbor 10.0.0.77 (Vlan29) is down: interface down
Nov 24 14:58:07.426 EST: %LINEPROTO-SW1-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan29, changed state to down
Nov 24 14:58:08.502 EST: %LINEPROTO-SW1-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface TenGigabitEthernet2/1/9, changed state to down
Nov 24 14:58:18.202 EST: %LINK-SW1-3-UPDOWN: Interface TenGigabitEthernet2/1/9, changed state to up
Nov 24 14:58:18.206 EST: %LINEPROTO-SW1-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface TenGigabitEthernet2/1/9, changed state to up
Nov 24 14:58:48.224 EST: %LINK-SW1-3-UPDOWN: Interface Vlan29, changed state to up
Nov 24 14:58:48.236 EST: %LINEPROTO-SW1-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan29, changed state to up
Nov 24 14:58:51.868 EST: %DUAL-SW1-5-NBRCHANGE: EIGRP-IPv4 1: Neighbor 10.0.0.77 (Vlan29) is up: new adjacency

Anyone please tell what can be the issue?

Regards,

Waqas

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Waqas

Based on the very limited information that you provide I believe that the issue is that Ten2/1/9 went down. When that interface went down then the VLAN associated with it VLAN29 went  down. And that caused the EIGRP neighbor relationship to go down. Then the interface came back up, the VLAN came back up, and the EIGRP neighbor relationship came back up. So the key question is what happened that caused interface Ten2/1/9 to go down and then to come back up.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

I apologize for intruding - after I submitted my response I have discovered you have already responded.

Best regards,
Peter

Peter

No apology needed. Welcome to the conversation and thanks for your informative response. I think that we are saying essentially the same thing but from different perspectives. Multiple perspectives is one of the things that make these forums such a wonderful place to learn about networking and to share what we have learned.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Peter/ Richard,

Thank you so much for your support. the issue is resolved there was problem in cable.

Regards,

Waqas

Waqas

You are welcome. I am glad that our responses were helpful to you. Thank you for posting back to the forum to let us know that the problem is resolved. Problems in the cable are certainly one thing that can produce the symptoms that you experienced. I am glad that it is now resolved.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Waqas,

These messages suggest that your Te2/1/9 interface went down and back up after roughly 11 seconds. As a result, interface Vlan29 went down and back up as well (obviously, Te2/1/9 is the only interface on this switch that is configured to carry data in VLAN29) and your EIGRP adjacency flapped as a result. The 30 seconds delay between Te2/1/9 coming up and interface Vlan29 coming up is caused by STP - either you are using the legacy 802.1D STP/PVST, or if you are running 802.1w RSTP/Rapid PVST or 802.1s MSTP, it is not configured properly.

In any case, you should inspect why the Te2/1/9 interface flapped. Was the flap caused by the neighboring device? Is it possible to check the interface counters to see if there are any errors logged? Would you mind double checking the cabling and perhaps replacing the patch cords if applicable?

Best regards,
Peter

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card