Views
Helpful
Replies

Edge Siwtch Problem

ergonullu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My edge switch is not pingable from other location over WAN but when I login to any edge switch in tha location I could ping and telnet in the switch...any idea what the problem is ?

3 Replies 3

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Firstly, verify that the edge switch has the correct default-gateway x.x.x.x or that one is configured? Without one, the switch will not know where to forward the replies. Is it only ICMP or are you unable to telnet to this same edge switch

The reason that you can telnet to another switch in the same location and then ping or telnet to other switch is probably because the management IP is on the same subnet.

The defaul-gateway ip address should be the same on these other edge switches which you can reach.

Is there an ACL inbound on the WAN gateway? If there is ensure that it permit ICMP and Telent for this switch.

HTH

Allan.

Thx for the help

Hi Ersin, hope all is well, just a quick note to ask whether you were able to get to the bottom of it?

Rgds

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: