Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Mutual Redistribution and EIGRP Networks Statments

kfarrington
Level 3
Level 3

Guys,

Can anyone advise me what adverse affects i may get on a router when faced with a configuration such as below.

If there was an interface that were configured in the 10 network locally on the router, I would assume the following operations. Lets say 10.1.1.1 /24

The routing table would just show up as a connected with AD of 1.

EIGRP would enter this entry into both AS1 and AS2 topo tables as an internal eigrp route. Redistribution would occur and both ASs would now have an external entry in their topo tables?

Or would this network not be a candidate for redistribution between the processes as the routing table entry is not an EIGRP route?

I seem to rember asking a similar question before but for the life of me I cant seem to find it anywhere?

Many thx,

Ken

router eigrp 1

network 10.0.0.0

redist eigrp 2 route-map AS1-control-loop

no auto-summary

!

!

router eigrp 2

network 10.0.0.0

redist eigrp 1 route-map AS2-control-loop

no auto-summary

!

Simple control loop route-maps below. The usual stuff.

!

route-map AS1-control-loop deny 10

match tag 1 (anything in EIGRP2 which is a candidate for redistribution into EIGRP1 and has a tag of EIGRP1 must have already been redist into EIGRP2 from EIGRP1 so DENY)

!

route-map AS1-control-loop permit 20

set tag 2 (Otherwise set tag to 2)

!

route-map AS2-control-loop deny 10

match tag 2 (anything in EIGRP1 which is a candidate for redistribution into EIGRP2 and has a tag of EIGRP2 must have already been redist into EIGRP1 from EIGRP2 so DENY)

!

route-map AS2-control-loop permit 20

set tag 1 (Otherwise set tag to 1)

!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ken

Your last statement in your question is correct. That route is not subject to redistribution between the processes because on this router it is not an EIGRP route but is a connected route. Each EIGRP process will have the route in its topology table and would advertise the route to its neighbors. But it would not redistribute to the other protocol.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ken

Your last statement in your question is correct. That route is not subject to redistribution between the processes because on this router it is not an EIGRP route but is a connected route. Each EIGRP process will have the route in its topology table and would advertise the route to its neighbors. But it would not redistribute to the other protocol.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Great Rick.

Thx fella and soooo FAST at the reply. your a star!

Ken

Thanks for the kind words (and for the rating).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card