Views
Helpful
Replies

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life for the Cisco Catalyst 9300 Serie

kurt_faeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I received EoS and EoL announcements regarding the Cisco C9200 and C9300 series switches. Two are regarding the DNA licences but the one below is regarding the switch serie, as far as I understud.EoS-EoL.JPG 

If I click on the link in the MyNotification page, I am redirected to a description that is talking about the DNA License again.

Can anybody explain to me what exactly is EoS/EoL? Is it the license only or is it the hardware too? What will be the changes to the ordering process if we can't order the DNA license anymore?

All the best and a nice day to everyone    kurt 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Someone, from Cisco, authorized the publication of the EoS/EoL material about DNA Licenses (not just 9300) without verify the contents of the documents written by contractors.

The EoS/EoL is all about the DNA License and nothing else.  The hardware is not included in the announcement.  

View solution in original post

@kurt_faeh wrote:
We do not use DNA and not planing to use it in the feature. But since we always had to order a DNA license for three years with a switch, I wonder what license we have to order in the feature? 

The DNAC "fee" is a tax.  Whether the buyer will use DNAC (in the future) or not, everyone buying anything with a Cisco badge will invariably pay for it. 

If there is no DNAC appliance and there is no need to use one in the future, purchase the lowest DNAC license fee.  When the DNAC license expires, let it (expire) and no need to renew it.  Expired DNAC license will not affect the operation of the switches and routers in the network regardless if the platform gets rebooted.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Someone, from Cisco, authorized the publication of the EoS/EoL material about DNA Licenses (not just 9300) without verify the contents of the documents written by contractors.

The EoS/EoL is all about the DNA License and nothing else.  The hardware is not included in the announcement.  

This answer is invaluable, thanks. I have had a customer raise the same issue stating that the 9300 series is marked for EoL, which contradicted the other Cisco information. 

Given the importance of this can I please reach out to a Cisco representative to formally confirm that the Cisco 9300 series hardware is not EoS or EoL at this time.

@alexbSPpartner23 wrote:

Given the importance of this can I please reach out to a Cisco representative to formally confirm that the Cisco 9300 series hardware is not EoS or EoL at this time.

Yes, please do.  

Reach out to your Cisco Account Manager or SE and ask them about it. 

Hello.  Has there been any confirmation on the EOS and EOL for the C9300 Series hardware?

@bunchea wrote:
Has there been any confirmation on the EOS and EOL for the C9300 Series hardware?

Personally, I'd say another 3 to 4 years before the EoS/EoL announcement comes out.

kurt_faeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Leo, thanks for your quick response. Sorry for my delay but I we^nt hiking since we had nice weather last Friday.

That's very helpful and in a way the answer we wanted to hear. But I do have a follow up question about the licenses.
We do not use DNA and not planing to use it in the feature. But since we always had to order a DNA license for three years with a switch, I wonder what license we have to order in the feature? We always had to order the device with the network advances license and an additional DNA license valid for 3 years. What will replace the DNA license in the future? Where can I get more information about that? I don't think we can't just order the device and loose the DNA license.

Thaks and all the best      kurt

@kurt_faeh wrote:
We do not use DNA and not planing to use it in the feature. But since we always had to order a DNA license for three years with a switch, I wonder what license we have to order in the feature? 

The DNAC "fee" is a tax.  Whether the buyer will use DNAC (in the future) or not, everyone buying anything with a Cisco badge will invariably pay for it. 

If there is no DNAC appliance and there is no need to use one in the future, purchase the lowest DNAC license fee.  When the DNAC license expires, let it (expire) and no need to renew it.  Expired DNAC license will not affect the operation of the switches and routers in the network regardless if the platform gets rebooted.

Hi Leo,

Thank you for the information. I thought, because the DNA licenses are EoS and EoL after September 2023, we would need to buy some other license to pay the "fee" or "tax", in the future. But as I understand you evrything stays as it is.

Thanks and all the best    kurt

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card