cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error running TCL script on 4500/3750

Nathan Spitzer
Level 1
Level 1

I've submitted a ticket for this but on the odd chance someone here knows the answer I'll ask.

I am trying to create a simple switch configuration utility using TCL for the junior guys (and myself). However after every tcl command I get both the expected output and an  "Ambiguous command:" error. I validated this does not happen on a 3600 router running 12.4(25)b with the exact same commands.

I validated this behavior on a 4510R+E/Sup 7 running IOS XE 3.1.1, a 4510R/Sup 5 running 12.2(50)sg4 and a 3750 running 12.2(52)se.

Below is a sample:

S861-1#tclsh
S861-1(tcl)#puts "hello world"
hello world

% Ambiguous command:  "puts "hello world""
S861-1(tcl)#proc test {} {puts "Hello World"}

S861-1(tcl)#test
Hello World

% Ambiguous command:  "test"
S861-1(tcl)#

Anybody have any idea?

Nathan Spitzer

Sr. Network Communications Analyst

Lockheed Martin

2 Replies 2

Shashank Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

The behaviour is due to the bug http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsy89677.

It seems like a cosmetic issue as the command is successful.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please rate this answer if you found the content useful

It is not really a cosmetic issue if what you want to do is what is described in the TCL ios documentation, ie create a nice menu-driven configuration utility that walks a junior tech step by step through configuration, ensuring everything is correct before putting it on the network.

Additionally, I am not sure it is that bug.

• Step 3 doesnt happen (the command works immediatly)
  • I dont have the aaa authorization config-commands command (though I do use tacacs)
  • It is happening in versions not listed as affected and in fact the bug listed appears to be soley related to the 6500 chassis with no mention of 4500 or 3750 chassis software being affected
  • I am running ios XE 3.1.1 which uses ios 15.x

Nathan Spitzer

Sr. Network Communications Analyst

Lockheed Martin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card