cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EtherSwitch Module Configuration on 2921

refram
Level 3
Level 3

I have a 2921 ISR using IOS 15.3(2)T.  I'm trying to configure an installed SM-ES3G-24-P.  From what I've read, putting the module into the router automatically creates a couple of gigabit ports, one of which I'm supposed to address and use as my hop-off point to get into the switch and configure it.  However, there are no virtual ports there, just the 3 physical gigabit ports.  What might I have done wrong?

3 Replies 3

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refram,

Use this configuration guide to get started -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/eesm_sw.html#wp1919696

Answer is given in step13:

#

Step 13

#

control+shift+6 x

#

Example:

#

Switch#control+shift+6 x

#

Returns you to the router console while keeping the console session to the switch

Procedure:

Usectrl+shift+6+ X and clear the line 1/0 as follow

switch# press ctrl shift 6 x

Router#sh session

#Clear line 1/0

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Plz rate this post if usefull and mark the thread as answered.

refram
Level 3
Level 3

Turned out I needed to put the module into the other slot in the router.  When I did so, the virutal ports were created and everything was just fine.

Thanks for posting back to the forum and clarifying what the issue was. It is a bit unexpected to have dependencies that a Service Module will function in a particular slot but not in the other slot. So perhaps your post will save some of the forum participants from some confusion.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card