Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall Module cisco 6500

cisco8887
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Guys,

I am doing a show spanning tree on a switch for a specific vlan. It has a port channel number of x which is not configured anywhere.

the number of 625 and I have no port channel with number of 625. Could it be it is pointing back to the chassis or something ?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That is probably a leftover configuration that was done at some point and was never deleted.

HTH

anyone knows how can I workout which PO channel is automatically created between the fw module on 6500 and supervisor engine?

cisco8887
Level 2
Level 2

I think it is live as it is in STP.

I think it is the the port channel between switch and fwsm but I am not sure how the number if picked.

"

Customizing the FWSM Internal Interface

The connection between the FWSM and the switch is a 6-GB 802.1Q trunking EtherChannel. This EtherChannel is automatically created when you install the FWSM. On the FWSM side, two NPs connect to three Gigabit Ethernet interfaces each, and these interfaces comprise the EtherChannel. The switch distributes traffic to the interfaces in the EtherChannel according to a distribution algorithm based on session information; load sharing is not performed on a per-packet basis, but rather on a flow basis. In some cases, the algorithm assigns traffic unevenly between the interfaces and, therefore, between the two NPs. Aside from not utilizing the full processing potential of the FWSM, consistent inequity can result in unexpected behavior when you apply resource management to multiple contexts. (See the "Configuring a Class" section for more information.)"

but how and what is it called?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card