cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware requirements and more for StackWise Virtual

Hannibal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community, !the best Community of the Internet!

I open this link to consult with you about the hardware and software requirements for the implementation of the "StackWise Virtual" feature.

At the moment, I have the experience of implementing a "Virtual StackWise" solution based on Catalyst 9500 Switches of the same model, the same IOS version and the same number of ports.

I wonder if I can implement a StackWise solution with different hardware models, for example:

1- Virtual StackWise with two different models of Catalyst 9500 switches, ie number of different ports, etc. (example a switch C9500-48Y4C with another switch C9500 -24Y4C or C9500-32QC)

2- Virtual StackWise with two different models of Switches, for example a Catalyst 9500 switch with a Catalyst 9400 or 9600 switch

3- Similarly, to StackWise Virtual with two different models of Catalyst 9400 or 9600 series switches, that is, different number of ports, etc.

Really, "my logic of thought" tells me that I can't do it, nor have I found any information that tells me that I can't do this.

Thank in advance, Community

Hann

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check these : https://community.cisco.com/kxiwq67737/attachments/kxiwq67737/6016-discussions-lan-switching-routing/468722/1/q-and-a-c67-738577.pdf

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat-9k-stack-wp-cte-en.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you, Marce

The Q&A file is excellent !!! On page 4 is the answer to my question.

I can then assume that the requirements are: The same model of the same serie, for example Catalyst 9500:

StackWise Virtual with two C9500-48Y4C Switches

or

StackWise Virtual with two C9500 -24Y4C Switches

or

StackWise Virtual with two C9500-32QC Switches

Thanks again, Marce

Hann

Best regards

Hann

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card