Views
Helpful
Replies

help, please

ManuelCalvo
Level 1
Level 1

/***Message moved***/

Hi, I'd like to do a network and i'd like to know what kind of hardware I will need(I think routers and backbones) and what model of this hardware.

I explain my situation:

We have some buildings: Madrid, New York and London. Each building have four floors with, roughly, 100 computers. Moreover, we have a lot of branch in each city (near to 40). We want to create a internal LAN for each building, other LAN for the branches and a LAN who joins both of them.

Someone can help us?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hola, en mi empresa queremos crear una red entre tres edificios que tenemos ubicados en Londres, Madrid y Nueva York, y me gustaría que me indicasen exactamente qué tipo de hardware necesitaremos, imagino que routers y backbones, y qué modelo/s del mismo nos convendrían. Cada edificio consta de 4 plantas con 100 ordenadores en cada una de ellas. Además, tenemos unas 40 subdelegaciones en cada ciudad. Nuestra intención era crear una LAN dentro del edificio, otra para las delegaciones y otra que las una.

¿Alguien puede ayudarnos?

Gracias.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

your design is rather extensive, so there is no real easy answer. Which hardware you choose depends on the money you have to spend, as well as on the services offered by the service providers in London, Madrid, and New York. Some considerations would be: what hardware do you currently have in place ? Are the locations currently connected by any sort of link, e.g. ISDN or dial-up ? Do you already use an ISP, and what services are available (e.g. Metro Ethernet) ?

Regards,

GP

I'm new in these things and I don't know very well. I would like to connect the places with xDSL-2 Mbps because ATM-155 Mbps is too expensive; the branches with ADSL-512Kbps with an extra line of RDSI, for security reasons; inside the buildings, we've a net with fibre optics, but we are thinking about the possibility of installing wireless, do you recommend it for us?. I will thank you tell us exactly what model of router(s) would we need.

Thanks, GP.

Hola Manuel,

have a look at the Cisco 1800/2800 series for your branch offices, and the 3800 routers for your main offices. All these models support xDSL, and are wireless aware, so you can use them with Cisco Wirless Access Points.

These are the newest Cisco integrated services models routers, and they are not particularly cheap...

Saludos,

GP

Thank you very much for your reply. That's what I was waiting for. I'll inform my boss about this hardware.

No sé decir 'Saludos' en holandés, espero que me perdones :-).

Gracias.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card