cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High input/output error on interface 'AppGigabitEthernet1/0/1'

schumad2ccf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone, My DNAC instance is reporting high input/output errors for every single 9300 i have in inventory for interface AppGigabitEthernet1/0/1. We don't even use Application hosting on these platforms so why does DNAC report on the errors? Do i need to shutdown the interface before onboarding any 9300's into the platform? Thanks, 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

you mention yo do not use application hosting

DNA wil try to scan for applications hosted on this switch / interface
-> shutdown the Ap interface and hope that helps

View solution in original post

guruvignesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello schumad,

DNAC reports input/output errors on AppGigabitEthernet1/0/1 for 9300s, despite not using App Hosting. Consider these steps:

1. Check interface status: Confirm if interfaces are up and functioning correctly.
  2. Disable unused features: Turn off unnecessary features like App Hosting to prevent error reporting.
  3. Shutdown interface: Temporarily shut down interfaces not in use before onboarding to reduce error reporting.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi @schumad2ccf 

If you check on the switch, does the interface have errors? 

sh int Ap1/0/1

It can be a false positive.

I've looked at a few of my switches and yes they have errors but i find it weird that so many of these device have errors on that specific interface. 
CC-M-02-200-9300-S3#sho int appGigabitEthernet 1/0/1 | i errors|runts
127 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
135 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored
0 output errors, 0 collisions, 2 interface resets

Did you ever find out more about this?  I just did a large deployment of 9300 switches and I getting the same errors on the Application hosting interfaces too.

schumad2ccf
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately no response or resolution found. 

you mention yo do not use application hosting

DNA wil try to scan for applications hosted on this switch / interface
-> shutdown the Ap interface and hope that helps

guruvignesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello schumad,

DNAC reports input/output errors on AppGigabitEthernet1/0/1 for 9300s, despite not using App Hosting. Consider these steps:

1. Check interface status: Confirm if interfaces are up and functioning correctly.
  2. Disable unused features: Turn off unnecessary features like App Hosting to prevent error reporting.
  3. Shutdown interface: Temporarily shut down interfaces not in use before onboarding to reduce error reporting.

schumad2ccf
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone for the input!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card