Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I check connection health?

recep_ali_sevim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

I work like a network administrator and 7 days ago I had a problem. I have a Catalyst 3560 C 500 meters away and it's connection has down . I checked fiber patch panel but I didn't see any problem. 5 hours later spontaneously, I saw problem is solved. Sometimes It's work for 1 day but sometimes It doesn't work 10 hours more.

Other departments has a HP device in same cabinet and we are using same fiber patch panel but they don't have any problem.

I use FNS19112293 gbic on my device. Does the other device have to be the same?

How can I solve that problem? Do you have any sugges?

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Hard to know what the issue is without testing one thing at a time. First, the fiber may be dirty so, I would clean the fiber connectors with alcohol and test. If that does not help, you may want to try a different port on the switch (if you have a spare one), and if that does not help, you may want to try and change the gbic.

Also, when you issue "sh inter x/x" does the interface look clean? 

HTH

I tried clean fiber patch but It didnt solve my problem. Imagine that; I have switch A and B. Switch B has down but sometimes it work. I tried Switch B's gbic on diffrent switch with Switch A and they worked... I will show to you output from Switch A 

20211015_105238.jpg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card