cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to use multiple IP's for ASA 5505

svappaji77
Level 1
Level 1

We have ASA 5505 router and configured with one public IP and forwarded to web server -- working fine.

we got new application and hosted into different server, we purchased second IP from provider.

Provide me instructions to configure secondary IP in ASA 5505. we have tried to added as new interface(outside1) but no success. please find my router details.

Machine generated alternative text: Cisco ASDM 7.1  Cisco  Cisco Adaptive Security  Device Manager  Version 7.115)  ASDM f at  ASAS505  Owatim 201 Z 6.2  ASA BA(3)  1.6.0_43  GNIJ Lesm Licerse (GWLGFL),

ASDM:7.1(5)100

ASA version: 8.4(3)

Device Type:ASA 5505

thank you

Appaji

3 Replies 3

Markus Benz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Appaji,

Sorry, I can't see the picture. There is an error.
But I assume you are using classical static NAT from outside to inside.

Did you try just configuring the NAT for this IP. You don't need to configure it on an interface.

If the IP is from the same Subnet that you are already using you don't need to do anything on the routing side. If it is an IP from an other subnet, the carrier just needs to route this IP to your firewall.

Regards,
Markus

Thanks for reply. pl find more details about current topology.

1- inside interface

1- outside interface connected with public IP(ex: 50.120.129.149)

80 is forward to internal server to 192.168.0.10

Now we got new IP from same provider (ex:50.120.129.150)

now we want to forward 50.120.129.150:80 to 192.168.0.15:80 without disturbing existing configuration. my router config as follows: 

ASDM:7.1(5)100

ASA version: 8.4(3)

Device Type:ASA 5505

i have tried to add new ip as new outside interface but not allowing me.

as said in my previous answer, you don't need to configure this IP on an interface. Just add the NAT configuration for it.

make sure the carrier is routing this IP / Subnet to your ASA (outside interface IP).

ASA does not support secondary IP's like it is done in IOS.

- Markus

Please don't forgeft to mark correct answers.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card